st of us spend our days sitting in front of the computer, in our previous blog post “Is Sitting KILLING YOU?” we addressed the many health challenges that are caused by the lack of movement. However, we understand that most of us are still confined to a sitting position due to work.
So here are 9 office ergonomics to help you reduce the stress that may be caused by long hours sitting in front of the computer.
9 Office Ergonomic Tips to Help You to Increase Productivity
1. Your monitor should be at eye level.
2. Your monitor should be in front of you so that there is no twisting of head or neck.
3. Your neck and shoulder should be in a straight line.
4. Your arms should be supported at all times to reduce the tension on your shoulder and upper back.
5. If you use the phone a lot, use a headset so you don’t have to tilt your head to one side.
Related Article: 5 Easy Everyday Tips for a Healthy Spine
6. Use an external keyboard and mouse if you are using a laptop so that you have to crouch over.
7. Alternate hands with your mouse to reduce stress on one side of your body.
8. Get a backrest to support the curve on your lower back.
9. Rest your feet on the floor or on a footrest.
Correct the Cause with Chiropractic
If you’re dealing with a spine-related problem like:
- Neck pain
- Shoulder pain
- Lower back pain
- Bad posture
- Slipped disc
- Headaches or migraine
- Tiredness or fatigue
Caused by a physical misalignment in your spine (subluxation) and stress to your nervous system, then the only way to correct this type of problem is with a physical solution.
Align your spine and maximize your life with chiropractic adjustments.
Let’s Take Your First Step to a Pain-Free Life.
Schedule a Spinal Check Up Today!